No.4 is a Petrol Mechanical Bo-Bo, based on a GWR 'Flying Banana' railcar.
She was built in 1946 by G & S Light Engineering as a GWR outline 4w-4wPM with a 20hp Morris 6 cylinder engine and fluid flywheel mechanical transmission. No. 4 started it's life at the Dudley Zoo railway where it carried no name or number when first built. At Dudley Zoo she was altered to a 4-4wPM in 1946.
By August 1957 she had moved to Sutton Park, where she became No.4. Here a torque converter was added to the fluid flywheel, making her a 4-4wPH, however a date for this addition is unknown. She went into store with the rest of the Sutton Collection at Oldbury in 1962 and moved to Cleethorpes in January 2002.
During her time at Cleethorpes, she has also visited other railways, including The Kirklees Light railway and The Rhyl Miniature Railway.
Wheel arrangement - Bo-Bo
Guest & Saunders Light Engineering - 1946